Is ICE (Methamphetamine) the new asbestos?
We're not sure, but we do know that the use of ICE is a growing problem in todays world
and it's not going away anytime soon.
- Australia has the highest number of METH users per capita in the English speaking world.
What are the Risks?
- Landlords face potential lawsuits from tenants moving into a contaminated property
- Inturn, Property Managers face potential lawsuits from Landlords.
- Financially, decontamination can run into the tens of thousands or, at worst, complete replacement of interior linings for demolition.
What about health issues?
Generally speaking, METH Residue is Odourless, Invisible and Ever Lasting:
Exposure to it has been known to cause:
- Breathing Problems
- Headaches & Nausea
- Eye & Skin Irritation/Rashes/Blistering
- Behavioural Changes & Problems with young children
- Changes in Sleeping Patterns